Udo Ungeheuer is Chairman of the Management Board and in this capacity responsible for the businesses Pharmaceutical Systems, Solar and SCHOTT Asia, as well as for Corporate Strategy / Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Human Resources, Corporate Legal, Corporate Public Relations, Corporate Vision Realization as well as Corporate Auditing.
Apart from his chairmanship and/or membership of the supervisory board of several SCHOTT subsidiaries, he serves as Chairman of the Hüttentechnische Vereinigung der Deutschen Glasindustrie (HVG, Research Association of the German Glass Industry), Vice-President of the Bundesverband Glasindustrie (Association of the German Glass Industry), member of the state board of trustees Rhineland-Palatinate/Saarland of the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft (Donors’ Association for the Promotion of Sciences and Humanities in Germany), and is member of the advisory board of the Landesbank Rhineland-Palatinate, among others.
Udo Ungeheuer was born in 1950. He studied mechanical engineering at RWTH Aachen (Technical University of Aachen, Germany) and gained his ’Diplom-Ingenieur’ degree in engineering in 1979. He was awarded his ’Dr.-Ing.’ engineering doctorate in 1985. His doctorate dealt in part with the problems of developing advanced product structures for the machine tool industry as well as plant engineering and construction. In 2006 he was appointed Honorary Professor of the University of Applied Sciences Mainz.
• Chairman of the Management Board, 2004
• Appointment to the SCHOTT Board of Management, 1995
• Joined SCHOTT, Member of Corporate Management Committee, 1994
• Entry into industry at BMW, 1986 (last post: Head of Logistics, Technical Planning and Test Vehicle Manufacture)
• Machine tool laboratory at Technical University of Aachen, Managing Senior Engineer, Head of the Assembly and Manufacturing Technology research teams, 1983